Re: extending event-listener.ly

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: extending event-listener.ly
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2013 14:13:05 -0700

On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 08:21:53AM -0300, luis jure wrote:

> on 2013-03-26 at 16:04 Graham Percival wrote:
>
> > I'm quite curious about this -- do drum events not have
> > point-and-click info?
>
> BTW, i was quite curious myself about why the point-and-clik info was
> included in the first place. i thought it was only useful for pdf files.
> is this information used by your virtual violinist?

Yes, for the interactive training, I display the pdf, and when
users click on a note it displays information about that note (and
plays it audibly).  That allows users to identify mistakes, which
are then used to retrain the virtual violinist so that she
(hopefully) doesn't make that mistake again.

When running the virtual violinist in command-line mode, it's true
that point-and-click is not used for anything.

- Graham