Re: Lilypond \include statements and the GPL

From: Alexander Kobel
Subject: Re: Lilypond \include statements and the GPL
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2013 08:50:51 -0400

On 04/02/2013 06:51 PM, Joseph Rushton Wakeling wrote:
On 04/02/2013 11:38 PM, Anthonys Lists wrote:
[...]
You've just answered your own question. You have just said that this program
does NOT contain ANY copyrighted content from the gsl.

As such, it is not a derivative work. That's what the law says. If the gsl
people want to stop you using their library, they need the law on their side.

My right to use the GNU Scientific Library is conditional on following certain
obligations -- if I breach those obligations, I lose the right to use the GNU
Scientific Library.  One such obligation relates to the licensing that must be
applied if I distribute any work that matches the GPL definition of a "covered
work".

That actually makes sense to me, since...