Question about shaped note head width

From: Carl Peterson
Subject: Question about shaped note head width
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2013 15:20:48 -0400

I am working on a hymn project using shape notes. I noticed that the "mi" head (the diamond) is wider than the others. The result is that when (using aiken heads) I have a mi stacked on a do (diamond on triangle), the bottom point of the diamond does not "sit" on the top of the triangle. This is unattractive and is contrary to what I've observed in typeset shaped note music. Is there a way to dynamically resize the notehead and/or is this something that could be put in as a bug report/change request? The width of the other shapes in Font Forge is 329 units while the diamond is 394 units (the diamond needs to be 83.5% of its current width). Or, if anyone's already tweaked their font files to accommodate, that would be great, too.

Thanks,

Carl Peterson