Re: enlarging default stem length

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: enlarging default stem length
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2013 13:32:32 +0200

2013/4/14 Helge Kruse <address@hidden>:

> I am looking for a way to get a larger minimum but keep the length of the
> stem in general. Unfortunately I found nothing to overwrite at
> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.16/Documentation/internals/stem as well as I
> didn't find magstep there.

For beamed Stems try to play with the values of
\override Stem #'details #'beamed-minimum-free-lengths = #'(1.83 1.5 1.25)
The first value affects beamed 8th, the second 16th the last 32th and shorter.

magstep is a procedure defined in /scm/font.scm:

(define-public (magstep s)
  (exp (* (/ s 6) (log 2)))

affecting the argument `s´ with some calculations.

Cheers.
  Harm