Re: Setting X-offset and Y-offset graphically.

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Setting X-offset and Y-offset graphically.
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2013 10:31:13 +0200

Am Freitag, den 19.04.2013, 10:19 +0200 schrieb Wilbert Berendsen:
> Op Tue, 16 Apr 2013 15:48:10 +0100
> Richard Shann <address@hidden> schreef:
>
> > On Tue, 2013-04-16 at 15:44 +0200, Janek Warchoł wrote:
> > > Thanks.
> > > I'm wondering whether a similar feature could be easily implemented
> > > in Frescobaldi.
> > There is quite a lot of machinery to achive this behind the scenes.
>
> Very cool!
>
> Yes, dragging items is on my todo list for Frescobaldi. Frescobaldi
> already couples pdf items two-way with the parsed text, even if you
> alter the text, so determining what type of object is being clicked or
> dragged can be implemented fairly ease. It could then generate
> extra-offset override or tweak commands, or (using a context menu)
> commands to change the alignment or direction, etc.
>
> best,
> Wilbert

What I intended to post on your issue tracker (already one day before
Richard started posting his progress :-) )
is: Use Click&drag to correct pitches.
Idea:
- Strg-Click on a note (-> like a special behaviour of the beautiful
magnifying glass)
- Allow to move the note up and down
- Use modifier keys to toggle between natural/sharp/flat (or semitone
up/downwards
- on MouseUp change the note in the source.

I don't know if you can have the music view instantly reflect that
change?
If not, would it be possible to highlight a changed note (or other item)
with a color?

If you could implement this functionality on a fundamental level (i.e.
modifying the source by dragging objects), we'd surely find a lot of
uses for it, and it would take LilyPond editing to a new dimension!!!

Urs