Re: Cross-staff tie

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Cross-staff tie
Date: Fri, 10 May 2013 14:17:13 +0200

Alberto Simões <address@hidden> writes:

> On 10/05/13 12:40, Urs Liska wrote:
>> Am 10.05.2013 13:33, schrieb Eluze:
>>> <<
>>>    \new Staff=A { c'1( \change Staff=B c')}
>>>    \new Staff=B { \clef bass R1 R }
>> What Eluze wants to say is
>> a) you can't do this with a tie but you have to use a slur instead
>
> OK. That was probably the doubt I should had pointed in the beginning.
> Thanks :)

Logically it is a tie, however, and it is LilyPond's job to properly
clad the logic into graphics.  Similar cases occur with clef changes
in-staff or with enharmonic ties across explicit keychanges or
modulations.  We probably should have something like an explicit end tie
for such cases.

Or even imagine a long tie in a cue voice while the transposition of the
instrument is changing (switch from clarinet to cornetto).

--
David Kastrup