Re: Fretboard scales

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Fretboard scales
Date: Wed, 15 May 2013 19:48:05 +0200

Vaylor Trucks <address@hidden> writes:

> According to the LSR, the \scale markup is used to create fretboard
> scale diagrams (see http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=790).

Uh, no?  This LSR _defines_ the \scale markup to create those diagrams.
_After_ loading the definition, this is what the \scale markup will do.

> However, according to the 2.16 manual, \scale does something else
> entirely.

Which is the reason that the name "\scale" chosen in the LSR code is a
fabulously bad idea and will likely break unrelated code.

> Is there another way to create fretboard scale diagrams?

Well, take the LSR code, and where it says "\scale" or "scale", write
"\scale-diagram" or "scale-diagram", respectively.

Since that changes both definition and use of "\scale", you should be
fine.  Possibly also requires using convert-ly for converting from 2.14
syntax to 2.16 syntax, but I haven't checked.

--
David Kastrup