Re: strange problem with instrument name

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: strange problem with instrument name
Date: Fri, 31 May 2013 14:30:34 +0100

I've done quite a bit of looking at this, and think it's to do with the use of \grace at the start of the music.  Here's an illustrative smaller version that displays the same problem:

\version "2.16.2"

  harprh = \relative c' {
    \clef treble
    \grace { s16 } R1*4 |
    \break
    R1*4
  }

  harplh = \relative c' {
    \clef bass
    \grace { s16 } R1*4 |
    \break
    R1*4
  }

  \score { <<
    \new PianoStaff = "harp" <<
      \set PianoStaff.instrumentName = "InstName"
      \set PianoStaff.shortInstrumentName = "Short"
      \new Staff = "rh" { \harprh }
      \new Staff = "lh" { \harplh }

Phil Holmes