Re: strange problem with instrument name

From: Eluze
Subject: Re: strange problem with instrument name
Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2013 01:23:46 -0700 (PDT)

Phil Holmes-2 wrote
> I've done quite a bit of looking at this, and think it's to do with the
> use of \grace at the start of the music.  Here's an illustrative smaller
> version that displays the same problem:

putting the definition of instrumentName and shortInstrumentName in the
\with block or in a staff works, so I don't think it's to do with the
\grace.

btw I don't understand why you have to or want to write /\set
PianoStaff.instrumentName = …/
when you are already in the PianoStaff context - curiously(?) LilyPond
starts a new Staff-context when you omit PianoStaff.

Eluze