Re: problem with \RemoveEmptyStaves

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: problem with \RemoveEmptyStaves
Date: Sat, 01 Jun 2013 13:10:55 +0200 (CEST)

>> What prevents Lilypond to do this automatically?  I want an option
>> that staves are only removed if there are at least two systems on a
>> page.
>
> I would phrase that there *would* be two systems after removing the
> empty staves.

No, I don't mean that.  I mean the situation where Lilypond is only
able to put a single system on a page (due to lack of vertical space),
and if this is the case, I want lilypond to insert empty staves back
to get a vertically well filled page.

Maybe my option should be rather a list to handle the concern Keith
has mentioned (overfull pages due to a very large number of staves).
For example, it could be

  remove-empty-single-system = #'("celesta" "harp")

so that the staves called `celesta' and `harp' get removed even if all
other systems would be added to fill a single system.

    Werner