Re: Individually system spacing multiple scores

From: Phil Burfitt
Subject: Re: Individually system spacing multiple scores
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2013 16:05:56 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "Eluze" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Wednesday, June 05, 2013 3:37 PM

Phil Burfitt wrote
Hi,

If I have two or more scores on the same page, how can I setup different
system-system spacing for each?

I've searched the documentation on this one without any success.
System-system spacing commands can be placed in a \paper block, but \paper
doesn't work inside a \score block and is global.

\paper{}
\score{}
\paper{}
\score{}

uses the last \paper{} for both... and I can't find any system-system
spacing commands for \layout blocks.

since there is no code attached to show more exactly what you want I can
only guess:

\layout {
 \context {
   \Staff
   \override VerticalAxisGroup.default-staff-staff-spacing =
#'((basic-distance . 2) (minimum-distance . 2) (padding . 1))

you can also define the VerticalAxisGroup in the \with block of each Staff
inividually

does this help?

Eluze

Hi Eluze,

VerticalAxisGroup.default-staff-staff-spacing controls the spacing between two or more staffs of a system, not the spacing between systems.

I need to control spacing between systems, usually done with system-system-spacing in the \paper block. But I have (and want) more than one score per page and I can't find a way to control their system-system spacing independently.

ie.

\markup{}
\score{}

\markup{}
\score{} % make system-system-spacing larger than the first score.

Phil.