Re: Frecobaldi 2 Mac OS X install guide

From: Wilbert Berendsen
Subject: Re: Frecobaldi 2 Mac OS X install guide
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2013 17:03:07 +0200

Op 06-06-13 12:35, Andrew Bernard schreef:
As a result of this thread, I have decided the need is there for a macports bundle for frescobaldi, one that includes all the dependencies with no headaches. This seems to be what people want, short of a Mac GUI installed. I'll start in on that project tomorrow.
That'd be great!

Like I wrote earlier: I built such an installer for Windows (because I have Windows on my small laptop, besides Linux) using cx_Freeze. The script is freeze.py. You could look at the setup scripts for other PyQt4 apps that include a Mac OS X installer with all dependencies contained, e.g. by searching GitHub for 'py2app' in code, etc.

If you could create build script that builds an installer, it can simply be run to create a Mac OS installer for every release. I'd be happy to have it in the download section then!

Thanks for all the efforts!

Best wishes,
Wilbert (Fresc. dev).

--