Re: Overriding skyline settings (for accidentals) in 2.17 ?

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: Overriding skyline settings (for accidentals) in 2.17 ?
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 05:59:31 +0000 (UTC)

Paul Morris <paul <at> paulwmorris.com> writes:

> > Yes.  If you set them to an empty list, the code uses the extents
> >   \override Accidental #'horizontal-skylines = #'()
>
> Thanks for the tip.  I tried it and the result was that the space between
the accidentals and notes collapsed:

Well, you did something similar in Scheme, but might have avoided getting
the fall-back skylines.

If you override the default for 'horizontal-skylines in the layout block
to an empty list, LilyPond substitutes a function to refer to the
X/Y-extents, something like
  Grob::simple_horizontal_skylines_from_extents
when each Accidental is first created.