Re: help on improving (kneed-beam tuplet-number) function

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: help on improving (kneed-beam tuplet-number) function
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2013 16:05:52 -0500

Hi,

On Tue, Jul 9, 2013 at 3:58 PM, Thomas Morley <address@hidden> wrote:
2013/7/9 Karol Majewski <address@hidden>:
> Hi
>
> Quite some time ago David Nalesnik wrote this amazing function:
>
> http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Snippet?id=646
>
> The problem is that when I apply it to a staff with
>
> {
>   fontSize = #-3
>   \override StaffSymbol #'staff-space = #(magstep -3)
> }
>
> ... the tuplet numbers are still missplaced. My scheme programming skills are poor so I won't even try to improve this function. I'd be thankful if someone could do it... Perhaps it's not that difficult.
>
> Best
> KM

Hi Karol,

I suppose you're on 2.16.2, otherwise you would have complained more. ;)

Anyway, attached an improved snippet taking staff-space into account.
Hope it's ok, I did some poor tests only.

Comments in code. Also, a hint to make it work with 2.17.

I've got a newer version of this which allows you to make adjustments to the position of the tuplet number along the beam from the default centered position.  (This sometimes proves necessary when there's a collision.)  I'll look around for it.

Thanks for working with this, Harm!  I'll see if I can incorporate your changes when I find the code.  Too much clutter on this computer.

--David