Question on \tag and variable-expansion for the label used

From: Wim van Dommelen
Subject: Question on \tag and variable-expansion for the label used
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2013 23:05:12 +0200

Hi,

I'm trying to automate and simplify some things. And I tried to automate also my \tag construct in a file tiogether with some variable- expansion for the label used. Take for example this compiling example:

\version "2.17.22"

VoiceI = \relative f {
    \tag #'Bassoon \clef bass
    c4-\tag #'score ^"score-text"
    d e f g a b c
}

% My instrument:
instrumentOne = "Bassoon"
instrumentone = "bassoon"

\score {
    \new Staff \with {
        instrumentName = \markup { \concat { \instrumentOne "-1 " } }
        midiInstrument = \instrumentone
    } {
        \keepWithTag #'(\instrumentOne score) \VoiceI           % this one does
NOT work
        \keepWithTag #'(Bassoon score) \VoiceI                  % this works
    }
    \layout {}
}

The first line does NOT include the expanded label (Bassoon), the second specifies it directly. And yes I know it looks like a macro. My goal is to specifiy the instrument-name at the top and process most of the data directly. The instruments name of the system and the midi- instrument specification do work, but not the \tag include.

Is there any simple solution to this?

Regards,
Wim.