Re: Create different pdf layers

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Create different pdf layers
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2013 11:25:27 +0200

Mike Solomon <address@hidden> writes:

> As far as I know, the PS standard doesn't support any native form of
> layering, and LilyPond pre-renders to PS before PDF.

But it converts the PostScript to PDF using Ghostscript, and Ghostscript
will both read and write PDF and PostScript, so it is quite likely that
there are some instructions in Ghostscript's version of the PostScript
language that would get converted into layer instructions in PDF.  For
example, we use the "pdfmark" command for generating embedded links.

--
David Kastrup