Re: Text in front of Staves

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Text in front of Staves
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2013 23:08:57 +0200

Hi Kale,

2013/8/16 Kale Good <address@hidden>:
> Wow, Nick, that's pretty sharp. Saves on paper for sure. Reminds me of how
> they are set in the back of Pumping Nylon.
>
> Yes, Thomas, tupletspan was also giving me an error.
>
> I ended up resetting the short name of the instrument between each exercise
> and then setting the margins the same in the layout block. This way it'll
> break pages for me.
>

> \version "2.16.2"
[...]

With this approach pageBreak isn't an issue anymore.

Though some nitpicks:
In my printed edition (Schott) and in the png you posted initially
a) every new line has a TimeSignature _followed_ by the starting repeat-sign,
b) the BarLines are aligned.

a) is doable by inserting a new TimeSignature for every new exercise,
tweaking 'break-visibility and BreakAlignment 'break-align-orders.
b) is problematic. You can play around with the different properties
of SpacingSpanner, but I'm not sure you'll succeed.

Good luck,
  Harm