Re: frescobaldi on mac

From: Davide Liessi
Subject: Re: frescobaldi on mac
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 09:09:31 +0200

2013/8/16 chiffonMyst <address@hidden>:
> Package poppler-qt4 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
> Perhaps you should add the directory containing `poppler-qt4.pc'

In the email I sent on Friday I overlooked these lines.

Apparently you are having the same problem as Robin Newman's, i.e.
MacPorts' pkgconfig for some reason cannot see
/opt/local/lib/pkgconfig.
This should not happen, since MacPorts' pkgconfig is compiled with
'--with-pc-path=/opt/local/lib/pkgconfig:/opt/local/share/pkgconfig',
so it should always search these paths as a last resort.

I cannot reproduce this behaviour on either of the Macs I can use.
I suggest that you report the problem on the user mailing list of
MacPorts (see https://trac.macports.org/wiki/MailingLists) or file a
bug report at https://trac.macports.org/newticket (read the
guidelines).

As a workaround you can try to set the environment variable
PKG_CONFIG_PATH, then clean the build directory and build again: in
Terminal, cd to the build directory and write

export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$PKG_CONFIG_PATH:/opt/local/lib/pkgconfig
/opt/local/bin/python2.7 setup.py clean
/opt/local/bin/python2.7 setup.py build

(In a working MacPorts installation of Python 2.7,
/opt/local/bin/python2.7 is a symlink to
/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/bin/python2.7
.)

This worked for Robin Newman; please, let me know if it works also for you.

Davide