Re: chopin example

From: Martin Tarenskeen
Subject: Re: chopin example
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 20:22:15 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 27 Aug 2013, Urs Liska wrote:

Are there any biographical notions that Chopin used that Nocturne (page 2) as a resource bin for the f minor piano concerto?

Yes there are. I don't know the exact story. I remember having read somewhere it was written for his sister, as a pre-study for the 2nd piano concerto. Maybe the complete story can be found somewhere on the internet.

I think it is interesting to see that the 3/4 theme from the 2nd concerto in this version of the Nocturne is much more recognizable than in the better known 4/4 version without those polymetric bars.

--

MT