Re: Drawing a hexagon with a number inside

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Drawing a hexagon with a number inside
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2013 18:47:11 +0200

Rachael Thomas Carlson <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello All:
>
> I am attempting to draw a hexagon with a number inside of it using markup.
>
> The attached png is essentially what I am attempting.  This is to be
> used in a TabStaff.  I am not worried about the whiteout = ##f in the
> png.  I just simply can't seem to figure out how to create a hexagon
> such as in the png.  Though, again, it would be optimal to create this
> within a markup environment.
>
> I am able to modify the TabNoteHead stencil.  That is not the
> problem. I just need to figure out how to create a hexagon with a
> number inside of it using markup.
>
> Any ideas?

Those are not actually proper hexagons, so they are pretty easy to draw
using something like

\markup \path #0.25 #'((moveto 3 0)
                       (lineto 1 2)
                       (lineto -1 2)
                       (lineto -3 0)
                       (lineto -1 -2)
                       (lineto 1 -2)
                       (closepath))

There needs to be scaling and matching to the content as well, of course.

--
David Kastrup