Re: Double slurs on automatic part combining

From: Carl Peterson
Subject: Re: Double slurs on automatic part combining
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2013 08:55:07 -0400

On Fri, Sep 6, 2013 at 8:46 AM, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
Carl Peterson <address@hidden> writes:

> Some hymnals (the same ones) also do not beam flagged notes unless the
> notes are for the same syllable (in which case, the beam serves as the
> slur). I have adopted this change.

You'll find that switching autobeaming off will make lyric syllables
synchronize to beaming.

Yes. The template I'm using is actually fairly robust. I've moved as many of the tweaks and customizations (such as autobeaming and shaped notes) to the layout block as possible, even to the point of creating aliased contexts to allow for alternate lyrics and for hidden voices so that each part can be a \lyricsto target. At this point, it can probably handle setting at least 90% of our repertoire, assuming that lyrics and parts are defined correctly. For instance, soprano verse and soprano chorus are given different (hidden) voices. Since I always manually break the music into systems, the chorus always starts on a new line, so any spacing issues from this approach to lyrics are mitigated.