Problem with hemiola notation

From: Alan McConnell
Subject: Problem with hemiola notation
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2013 11:07:15 -0400

Assembled Wisdom!

I am transcribing some Bach choruses for
string quartet, and I wish to use the
orthography of the Bach Gesellschaft, as
given in the Dover scores that I have.

To explain my problem, I ask you to first
look at the following extract from one of
my parts:
(start)--------------------------
\version "2.16.0"

global =  {
  \key d \minor
  \time 3/4
}

%  Here is a "hemiola"

|ees4 d c | c4. d8 bes4. | a8 a4. g8 | g2 r4 |
                       ^
                ------------------------(finish)

The '^' marks the dot on the dotted Bb that I wish
to move into the next bar.  The part compiles just
fine; but that measure, and many others like it,
confuse the player.

Of course I could tie over the bes4 into a bes8 in
the next measure, but I thought it would be nice to
transcribe just as the Bach Gesellschaft has it.

I am sure that Lilypond has provision for such a
treatment of the hemiola, but I can't find it in
the documentation.  Any help would be gratefully
received!

Alan McConnell, in Silver Spring MD

--
Alan McConnell :  http://globaltap.com/~alan/
   Know thyself.  If you need help, call the C.I.A.