Re: is there a \RemoveEmptyLyrics

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: is there a \RemoveEmptyLyrics
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2013 21:40:40 +0200

> Hi David,
>
>> Though it will not change anything, looking at ly/engraver-init.ly.
>> Lyrics are frenched anyway.
>
> But when there are Lyrics in there, you have to explicitly set/reset
> Lyrics.keepAliveInterfaces in order for a "full" Lyrics to be removed.

Sure.  But \RemoveEmptyStaves will make no difference on Lyrics.
keepAliveInterfaces is all that you need to play with.

> I was trying to use the same set/reset command (with
> Staff.keepAliveInterfaces), which obviously wasn't working.

Well, you can probably cheat by writing
\new Lyric \with { \whatevercommandsetsStaff.keepAliveInterfaces }
{ ... }
in which case "Staff." is not getting heeded.  But of course the whole
point was to change keepAliveInterfaces in midflight, so this is not
terribly useful.

--
David Kastrup