What is this mark?

From: Chris Crossen
Subject: What is this mark?
Date: Sat, 5 Oct 2013 14:10:42 -0700

In the top staff of the third measure of the attached image, there is a mark consisting of two right-angle lines just before the rest at the end of the measure. I suspect it is closing the section marked ‘Trumpets’ that is two measures back.

I’ve tried looking it up in Gould, but don’t know what to call it and haven’t been able to find it.

Can someone tell me what it is called? And, how do I produce it with Lilypond?

Thanks,

Chris