Re: Overlap markup

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Overlap markup
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2013 23:55:17 +0200

Martin Tarenskeen <address@hidden> writes:

> On Thu, 10 Oct 2013, EdBeesley wrote:
>
>> Or alternatively I could just start using 2.17, I'm assuming code written in
>> 2.16 won't compile in 2.17 without a bunch of changes?
>
> convert-ly

Most changes are backward-compatible.  As long as you are not messing
with low-level stuff, chances are that things will just work.  Of those
changes that are not backward-compatible, convert-ly will deal with a
reasonable number, but of course the converted files will then _require_
the new version.  So better keep an unconverted copy somewhere in case
you need to go back.

--
David Kastrup