Re: Aligning output question

From: Marc Hohl
Subject: Re: Aligning output question
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2013 15:20:40 +0200

Am 12.10.2013 15:09, schrieb Kevin Tough:
One of the last hurdles I have to figure out to start producing course
notes is to Left/Right jusify staff output, if it is possible. I've done
some document scanning and not found my solution. Would anyone be able
to point me in the right direction or check my input code to see if it
even has the right structure. Here it is...

\version "2.16.2"

% BasicNoteTabTemplate.ly

\language "english"

\header {
   %title = "First String Practice"
   %composer = "Composer"
   %subtitle = "English with Guitar"
}

song = {
   e1 f g e f g e f g f e \bar "|."
}

<<
   \new Staff \relative c'' {
     \numericTimeSignature \time 4/4
     \song
   }

Though it is some sort of nitpicking, I'd use

song = \relative c' { ... }

here, and include it by

\new Staff {
  \clef "treble_8"
  \song
}

\new TabStaff {
  \song
}

The octavated treble clef is recommended for guitar music while
the little '8' is more often than not omitted.

Marc
[...]

Another guestion is about variable usage. Can variables be changed or
are they equivalent to constants?

Something like

song = \relative c'' { c1 d e f }

\score {