Re: Frescobaldi 2.0.11

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Frescobaldi 2.0.11
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 16:45:24 +0200

"Phil Burfitt" <address@hidden> writes:

> Peter, please, please, please send emails to the list. Use Reply All
> and _not_ Reply!  arrrrrgh!

Yes, that helps focusing energies and avoids problems only being solved
for one person.  It's not always clear that people want to reply to the
list nevertheless.  I have my doubt the following was intended to be
public:

>> I share your problem with the manuals -I, --include=directory
>>
>> is this one option or two?
>> Can you use either ?
>> Why are there two options?
>>
>> I do not know, David K does but he is very short with lesser mortals.

He is also pretty short with time since he _does_ work a tiny little bit
on getting LilyPond progress to 2.18.

    git shortlog -n --since "1 month ago" origin

shows

David Kastrup (53):
      Issue 3552: Don't modify lists returned by markup list functions in interp
      Issue 3547: Allow identifiers or scheme expressions evaluating to music af
      Issue 3545: Obsolete "Accordion-discant symbols" snippet
      Run scripts/auxiliar/makelsr.py
      Add entry for accordion registers in Documentation/changes.tely
      Issue 3541: Fix snippet positioning-multi-measure-rests.ly
      Run scripts/auxiliar/makelsr.py
      Issue 3558: lilymidi: format time signature and tempo better.
      Issue 3555: Parse context definitions and context modifications in \notemo
      convert-ly rule for simplifying \stringTuning
      Run scripts/auxiliar/update-with-convert-ly.sh
      Issue 3553/1: get_default_interpreter should create contexts with missing
      Issue 3553/2: When creating a hierarchy above Bottom, all intermediate lev
      Issue 3292/1: Changes entry for changed \defaultchild behavior (issue 3225
      Issue 3292/2: Add \defaultchild rule for convert-ly
      Simulate having run scripts/update-with-convert-ly.sh for 2.17.14
      Issue 3563: Allow define-*-function to accept currying definitions
      Issue 3564: Doc, EG: Add more information about markup (list) commands
      Issue 3565: Doc, EG: LilyPond's getting too smart for the "Inline Scheme c
      Issue3571: Stop \lyricmode { \skip 1.*3 } from failing.
      Issue 3582: Let make-music accept existing music or alists as source
      Use make-music with music arguments
      Issue 3580: Replace unwarranted uses of map with for-each and other Scheme
      Issue 3579: Make "Adding extra fingering with scheme" snippet do something
      Run scripts/auxiliar/makelsr.py
      Issue 3573: Calculate wordwrapped/justified lines using the stencil stacki
      Issue 1939: showLastLength with hidden tie error message
      Issue 3588: Track move of grammar to CG (issue 3015) in German translation
      Issue 3584: Let convert-ly -d reflect last effective rather than last appl
      LSR reimport because of issue 3584 changing version numbers
      Issue 3566: Grace notes should be autobeamed
      Add Grace_auto_beam_engraver to default engravers for Voice
      Add one-time convert-ly rule for grace beaming
      Run scripts/auxiliar/update-with-convert-ly.sh
      Revert "Add one-time convert-ly rule for grace beaming"
      Manually revert bad convert-ly change for input/regression/lyric-combine.l
      Add reference to Grace_auto_beam_engraver to Notation/Rhythms
      Add regtest for Grace_auto_beam_engraver
      Issue 2931: Allow non-LilyPond identifiers like "violin1" to be called as
      Add regtest for quoted identifiers
      Change option description -x,--long-option to -x, --long-option consistent
      Remove unused data from Completion_heads_engraver and Completion_rest_engr
      Issue 3593: Announce ends of ties in Completion_heads_engraver
      Issue 3115: Revert "Uses a heuristic to determine if chord tremolos collid
      Issue 3604: Fix function signature of overrideTimeSignatureSettings
      Issue 3600: Grob `SustainPedal' has no interface for property `direction'
      Issue 3572: convert-ly should produce several backup files for each invoka
      Issue 3602/1: Remove Dynamic_engraver.
      Run scripts/auxiliar/update-with-convert-ly.sh
      Issue 3602/2: Rename lily/new-dynamic-engraver.cc to lily/dynamic-engraver
      Issue 3602/3: Rename New_dynamic_engraver to Dynamic_engraver in lily/dyna
      Merge branch 'issue3602' into staging
      Merge branch 'translation' into staging

Nevertheless, people complain that I don't answer every question, no
matter how simple and complex, personally for them as if I was the only
person constituting the LilyPond community.

There are some for whom I spent quite a few hours answering questions
and resolving bugs hampering them which then tell me that they are not
interested in contributing financially to my work on LilyPond because
they don't consider my attitudes worth supporting.

Frankly, the least people can do when they don't have anything positive
to contribute is to just shut up rather than actively harming the
community by killing the joy of working for it.

Now as I said, I quite doubt that the above snide remark was intended to
be public, but then I don't see the point in badmouthing me even behind
my back.

--
David Kastrup