Re: New, more powerful version of \shape!

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: New, more powerful version of \shape!
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2013 09:29:44 +0200

Hi David,

2013/10/18 David Kastrup <address@hidden>:
> Janek Warchoł <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> \shape is an awesome function, indispensable for creating
>> publication-quality slurs. However, after using it 1107 times in a
>> recent project (this number is not a joke!),
>
> Well, it should be.  It means that our slur shaping and quanting is
> apparently not doing its job.

You don't say ;-)

I wish i could fix slur formatting in LilyPond, but that's way to
difficult for me.

2013/10/18 Urs Liska <address@hidden>:
> Janek, can you come up with a reliable way of determining the total number of
> slurs, ties etc in the project?
> It would be interesting to get a percentage of curves that needed manual
> treatmend.

Indeed, a very interesting statictic.

2013/10/18 David Kastrup <address@hidden>:
> #(define slur-count 0)
>
> oldSlur = (
>
> "(" =
> #(define-event-function (parser location) ()
>   (set! slur-count (1+ slur-count))
>   oldSlur)

> #(format #t "\nSlur count: ~S\n" slur-count)

That's nice!  Could you make it work with 2.17.3 (we had to freeze
LilyPond version to ensure that no regressions in the scores appear,
and so we're using 2.17.3 for almost all scores)?

> Now that's just the number of input slurs.  If you want the number of
> output slurs, you probably would make an engraver.

Nah, the above will suffice.

I'm going to make a detailed analysis of the project and publish the
statistics on the LilyPond Blog in a few days.

best,
Janek