Re: So, slashed beamed grace notes...

From: Gilberto Agostinho
Subject: Re: So, slashed beamed grace notes...
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2013 12:25:56 -0700 (PDT)

Yeah, this issue with slashed grace notes has been bothering me for some long
time. The kind of music I write uses this notation constantly. So far, the
best temporary solutions I have found have been to draw a line manually on
LilyPond and move it to the correct position (which is a pain if the score
has too many grace groups), or to export LilyPond's score as a SVG file and
then add the lines in some other program such as Inkscape. This last option
has a major drawback: if you change your mind about something in the score,
you will need to work it all over again on Inkspace!

This issue has been previously reported to the tracker, but unfortunately it
has been abandoned...

I recently discussed this with some other users on this post here:
http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/Acciaccaturas-and-slashed-stems-td150981.html#a150995

As for typing a score without the slashes: as a composer myself, I think
that it is inadmissible that a score of mine would be printed without the
slashes if I wrote them there.

Regards,
Gilberto