Frescobaldi Preview Modes

From: Wilbert Berendsen
Subject: Frescobaldi Preview Modes
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 09:49:45 +0100

Dear friends,

some people asked for a simple way to disable the preview debug modes in current git (2.0.12dev) for a while without unselecting all the checkboxes, but keeping the point and click links (i.e. the good old Preview mode). Also some wished that point and click could be disabled for a while, while keeping some preview debug options, hence the maybe somewhat confusing option "Disable Point and Click links" in the preview mode panel.

What do you think of a third main mode:
- Preview mode (just point and click, as it has been)
- Publish mode (no point and click)
- Debug mode: this mode listens to the settings in the Debug mode panel.

Also settings like: Verbose and English Messages (currently in Preferences) could move to the debug panel.

The debug panel should get a title like "Debugging options".

The custom engrave dialog and the LilyPond preferences page can be simplified a little then.

Shall I do it? Please give me green light :)

--
Wilbert Berendsen
http://www.wilbertberendsen.nl/