Re: Thoughts about creating Stack Exchange page?

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Thoughts about creating Stack Exchange page?
Date: Sat, 02 Nov 2013 12:31:35 +0100

I think there is one thing the mailing list can't really offer compared to a Q&A site: accepted answers. This is really a good thing. But definitely no reason to spread our forceds and competence.
Ther already _are_ places to present solutions, although not as answersx to posted questions: the LSR and - for solutions requiring newer LP versions - the Github repository. For topics that benefit from a tutorial-like explanation we have the blog with its (still very much empty) faq category.

So I would vote for either doing nothing or setting up a landing page which directs to the proper place (i.e. the list)

Urs

Gilberto Agostinho <address@hidden> schrieb:
Hmm, after  reading all arguments against a Stack Exchange page, I have to
say I completely changed my opinion on this regards as well. Indeed it would
not be good for us to spread a small community in two places, and re-posting
questions on both would be a waste of time indeed. My first reaction on this
idea was simply "how cool, more places to discuss LilyPond, this might bring
even more people on board!", but now I see it is really not that simple.

And no David, there is absolutely nothing wrong with this mailing-list :)

Regards to all,
Gilberto