Re: modular "markup" and arguments

From: Paul Morris
Subject: Re: modular "markup" and arguments
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2013 19:52:15 -0800 (PST)

Bric wrote
> but none of them work.  Obviously, I don't know where scheme ends and
> lilypond code begins, in the above, and I don't even know scheme that
> well.   (By the way, I think I read the relevant parts of the
> documentation, as much as I could find.  I couldn't find stuff on this
> level)

Have you worked through the "Extending" manual?
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.17/Documentation/extending/index

That's where this kind of thing is covered.  Also the LilyPond Snippet
Repository has a lot of good examples of using scheme for this kind of
thing:
http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/

Scheme inside a LilyPond file begins with a #
LilyPond code inside of scheme is between these guys:  #{ ... #}

Frescobaldi provides code highlighting that makes this easy to see, and that
just generally helps out a lot as you're learning this, so I recommend
giving it a try.

I haven't done what you're trying to do, but I'm pretty sure it's doable,
one way or another.  Once you get into using scheme it's amazing what you
can get LilyPond to do.  This is one of the great things about it.

HTH,
-Paul