Re: string->number scheme

From: Stjepan Horvat
Subject: Re: string->number scheme
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2013 16:59:05 +0100

Yes..this is exactly what i mean..

On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 4:49 PM, Janek Warchoł <address@hidden> wrote:
2013/11/13 David Kastrup <address@hidden>:
> Stjepan Horvat <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> So..any idea how i could achive it..?! I wanted to use my little knowlidge
>> to write a simple scheme function that could achive it..with no succsess..
>
> You could start by explaining what is wrong with the solution at the
> bottom of
> <URL:http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2013-11/msg00456.html>.

I think i understand what this is about.

Stjepan would like to have the tempo value used both in header as well
as in actual tempo definition.  It is possible to define a variable
and use it in the header:

trololo = 123

\header {
  title = #(string-append
            "bang! "
            (number->string trololo)
            " foobars in a bottle")
}

The problem is, as David already noticed, that a variable cannot be
used in \tempo command:

{
  % this crashes:
  \tempo 4 = \trololo