Fwd: Lyrics not lining with different voice

From: ayutheos
Subject: Fwd: Lyrics not lining with different voice
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 22:40:04 +0800

Hi Eluze,

> I think your nesting of lyrics in the same (Lyric) context is the culprit;
> maybe it's clearer to use a construct like
>
>     \new Lyrics = X \lyricsto "part one" \lyricI
>     \context Lyrics = X \lyricsto "part two" \lyricIII
>
> where there is no nesting

It doesn't work when I add more lines of lyrics to it. I'm using the shortened
code below which gives me a funky line arrangements, but my music breaks at end
of "part one" so the lyrics line spacing returns to normal.

%===========================
\version "2.16.2"

melodyI = \relative c' {
    \clef treble
    \key c \major
    \time 4/4
    % intro
    c c c c
}

melodyII = \relative c' {
    % part one
    d d d d     % ok if I add \break here
}

melodyIII = \relative c' {
    % part two
    e e e e
}

lyricI = \lyricmode {
    \set stanza = #"1. "
    part one here
}

lyricII = \lyricmode {
    \set stanza = #"2. "
    part two here
}

lyricIII = \lyricmode {
    \set stanza = #"3. "
    part three here
}

lyricIV = \lyricmode {
    \set stanza = #"4. "
    part four here
}

altI = \lyricmode {
    part one here
}

altII = \lyricmode {
    part two here
}

altIII = \lyricmode {
    part three here
}

altIV = \lyricmode {
    part four here
}

\score {
    <<
        \new Staff {
            \repeat volta 3 {
                \new Voice = "intro"       { \melodyI }
                \new Voice = "part one"    { \melodyII }
            }
            \new Voice = "part two"    { \melodyIII }
        }

        % lyrics line 1
        \new Lyrics = X \lyricsto "part one" {
            \override LyricText #'font-family = #'typewriter
            \lyricI
        }

        \new Lyrics = X \lyricsto "part two" {
            \override LyricText #'font-family = #'typewriter
            \lyricIV
        }

        \new Lyrics = X \lyricsto "part one" {
            \override LyricText #'font-family = #'sans
            \altI
        }

        \new Lyrics = X \lyricsto "part two" {
            \override LyricText #'font-family = #'sans
            \altIV
        }

        % lyrics line 2
        \new Lyrics {
            \lyricsto "part one" {
                \override LyricText #'font-family = #'typewriter
                \lyricII
        \new Lyrics {
            \lyricsto "part one" {
                \override LyricText #'font-family = #'sans
                \altII

        % lyrics line 3
        \new Lyrics {
            \lyricsto "part one" {
                \override LyricText #'font-family = #'typewriter
                \lyricIII
        \new Lyrics {
            \lyricsto "part one" {
                \override LyricText #'font-family = #'sans
                \altIII

Regards,
--
TY

(email resent to list, I always keep forgetting not to use the reply
button on the list web interface.)