Re: Discussion: automatic engraving and single-source publishing

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: Discussion: automatic engraving and single-source publishing
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2013 11:31:15 +0100

David Kastrup writes:

> Sure.  For that reason, I consider much of the time spent on tweaking
> and tweaking tools a waste of lifetime better spent on trying to get the
> automatisms right.  Of course, that option is harder and requires
> different resources.  But it only needs to be done once.

Yes, although doing manual tweaks once or twice gives you a good feel
for how much work it is, how necessary the tweaks are for publication,
what the new automations should produce and what priorities you would
pick for automating these tweaks.

We used to have an experimental `tweak editor' that would store tweaks a
in a separate tweaks file.  In some way it would be a nice intermediate
to put all manual tweaks in a separate file and merge them with the
actual source.  It would be good to experiment more with that.

Jan.

Freelance IT http://JoyofSource.com | AvatarĀ®  http://AvatarAcademy.nl