Re: Supporting my work on LilyPond financially

From: Joseph Rushton Wakeling
Subject: Re: Supporting my work on LilyPond financially
Date: Sun, 01 Dec 2013 12:26:02 +0100

On 30/11/13 21:40, David Kastrup wrote:
The backend is much less coherent, so expertise is harder to acquire,
people tend to work with partial knowledge, and progress is a lot more
fragile.  We need to get those four months down, and yes, a shouting
match is not going to help.  What will help is refactoring and
rearchitecturing, and that needs people with a thorough programming
background.

Is it perhaps worthwhile having a purely "backend cycle" where _all_ development effort is focused on turning the backend into something that's easy to work with?