Re: Schikkers List

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: Schikkers List
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2013 14:45:07 +0100

Federico Bruni writes:

> So no download on the website (it's not working, as already reported), no
> source code anywhere.
> Unfortunately we can test the demo only

Why is that unfortunate?  The demo is really all there is, currently.
What would you do with the code?

> I did a quick test. Funny, I felt like working on a "reversed
> Frescobaldi": input in the GUI, output text. :-)

:-)

> It looks nice but it doesn't seem a reliable tool as online editor. For
> example, I've just lost the short example I typed few minutes ago.

It's really meant as a demo currently, not as a reliable tool.  The only
thing saved a couple of minutes before this message, was

    \relative { c' c'' e,,( f f) f g a' b,, f' d' \bar "|." }

> I'd be curious to install it on my computer.

> AFAICS, the edits can be made only in the GUI. Text input cannot be
> modified.

That's right, that's not yet possible.  My first priority is to find
a useful application for what is now this demo, code what's missing
and provide it.  This `feature request' is anticipated and it would
be nice to see how many people actually want this feature.  If you
really need it, the answer is: switch to Frescobaldi ;-)

> Also, the input code would be cleaner if it broke the line
> at the end of each bar (possibly adding a bar check?).

Agreed.

> The tie button works fine, while the slur button doesn't.

Both buttons should be disabled when no slur or tie is possible.
The slur button is enabled when you make a horizontal selection.

> Keep it up and keep us informed about the progress!

I will.  Thanks for looking at it.

Greetings, Jan

Freelance IT http://JoyofSource.com | AvatarĀ®  http://AvatarAcademy.nl