Re: A thought on Windows Experience

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: A thought on Windows Experience
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2013 21:02:15 +0100

Am 04.12.2013 20:56, schrieb Noeck:
IMHO users should always be pointed to Frescobaldi and install it. Could
Lilypond be included in the Frescobaldi download?

As said I wouldn't want to promote that too much because I'm biased. But if there was an agreement on this it would be quite simple to arrange.
Frescobaldi should _not_ include LilyPond in its download because
- many people already have LilyPond
- which version should be included?
- would blow up download size

Instead I suggest that after finishing the installation Frescobaldi's installer looks for an existing LilyPond installation, and if it doesn't find one it suggests to download, install and configure it. By default this should take the latest stable version, but could also offer to look for the latest development version.

Urs