Re: Images from snippets

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: Images from snippets
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2013 11:02:10 +0100

2013/12/6 Noeck <address@hidden>:
>>> snippet-icon = 85x85+95+107
>>>
>>> Then these lines could produce the corresponding image:
>>>         lilypond -fpng example.ly
>>>         convert -crop 85x85+95+107 example.png example-icon.png
>>
>> This seems somewhat inconvenient to me (too manual).  But i think we
>> should rather speak about implementation details when we *have* a HTML
>> frontend....
>
> Just to make sure, I am understood correctly: The manual thing is the
> numbers, the script should take them automatically from the file and use
> them in convert.

Yes, i understand.  But i would prefer not to ask snippet authors to
add such numbers to the files if possible.  One of my highest
priorities is to keep things simple - so simple that noone would ever
think "i'd add this snippet, but i don't have time to fill all
description fields". :-)

best,
Janek