Re: showing MultiRests when both instruments have rests in Frenched scor

From: Paul Scott
Subject: Re: showing MultiRests when both instruments have rests in Frenched score
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2013 17:26:43 -0700

On Sat, Dec 14, 2013 at 06:01:39PM -0500, Alex Loomis wrote:
> Could you include a minimal example?

Sure:

\version "2.17.97"

showMultiRests = {
  \set Staff.keepAliveInterfaces =
  #'( rhythmic-grob-interface
  multi-measure-rest-interface
  lyric-interface
  stanza-number-interface
  percent-repeat-interface)
}

hideMultiRests = \unset Staff.keepAliveInterfaces
partOne = \relative{
  a'1 b a b
  \break
  R R a b
  \showMultiRests
  \break
  R1*4
  \break
  c1 R1*3
}

partTwo = \relative{
  R1*4
  a''1 g f e
  R1*4
  b1 R1*3
}

\layout{
  \context{ \Staff \RemoveEmptyStaves }
  \override VerticalAxisGroup #'remove-first = ##t
}

\score{
  \new StaffGroup <<
    \compressFullBarRests