RE: Setting to print articulations inside the staff

From: Mark Stephen Mrotek
Subject: RE: Setting to print articulations inside the staff
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2013 16:20:20 -0800

Urs Liska,

No problem with Beethoven #19.

Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: address@hidden
[mailto:address@hidden On Behalf Of Urs
Liska
Sent: Tuesday, December 17, 2013 2:33 PM
To: lilypond-user

Hi,

attached you can see LilyPond's default behaviour to print staccato dots
outside the staff.

However I would like to print the dots in such a case inside the staff
(which in this case is actually trying to copy Henle's engraving).

I know how to print these dots between the two lowest staff lines, but is it
possible to define a setting that will cause LilyPond to automatically print
them inside the staff in such situations?

TIA
Urs