Re: LyricHyphen hara-kiri

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: LyricHyphen hara-kiri
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2013 15:15:25 -0600

Kieren,

On Sat, Dec 21, 2013 at 2:30 PM, David Nalesnik <address@hidden> wrote:
Kieren,

On Sat, Dec 21, 2013 at 2:18 PM, Kieren MacMillan <address@hidden> wrote:

Clearly, there’s a gap in several measures, right?

Yup.

However, now that I look at the output again, there are no gaps to be found — i.e., it apparently works as advertised/expected/desired. [??]
I will do more testing, and report back.

Actually, gaps--on the first line only--are what I see when I run the snippet under 2.17.95.  But, as you say, those gaps aren't in the original image you sent...

OK, a little experimentation showed that the right syllable, -bar, is not shifted on the first line because, for some reason, there is no stencil for the non-printed hyphen, yet there is one for the non-printed hyphens on subsequent lines.  This means that the variable sten-ex gets assigned the empty interval, and no shift occurs.

I don't know the best way to solve this, but this should at least work:

[File attached b/c I can't figure out how to cut&paste from Frescobaldi without losing all formatting]

HTH,

David