music in footnote

From: bart deruyter
Subject: music in footnote
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2013 22:23:00 +0100

Hi all,

I'd like describe in my score how to play certain ornametns by adding the way to play it in a piece of music, shown as a footnote. I find some explanation about how to create footnotes, but in the manual I've found only explanations with text as footnote.

I've tried this for example:

footnoteOne= \relative c'{

a16 b a fis

}

music = \relative c'{

\footnote #'(0 . 3) \footnoteOne g4

}

Also, as far I've seen in sheet music here, I most often see a simple "1)" (without quotes) as a reference to a footnote, right above the note in question, without the line pointing to the footnote number. So I'm guessing my terminology is not quite right, and perhaps, I'm looking for the wrong way to do it, perhaps it isn't a 'footnote' as such in a score when a piece of music is in the footnote, or was I right all along, is it just a matter of markup, and can someone point me into the right direction on how to achieve it?

thanks,

Bart

http://www.bartart3d.be/
On facebook