Re: why you don't contribute to Mutopia

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: why you don't contribute to Mutopia
Date: Wed, 01 Jan 2014 18:41:41 +0000

On Wed, 2014-01-01 at 19:01 +0100, Federico Bruni wrote:
> I'd like to have some feedback from you. Which change in the Mutopia
> interface/decisions would make you start contributing or contributing
> more?
>
> I can see these big problems:

My biggest problem is that I only have the energy to go to one website.
I am like the shopper who does not go shopping around. I monitor the
recent scores page of IMSLP for things of interest, and re-typeset those
that need it.

I think a really serious improvement could be made by systematically
posting the PDFs of mutopia scores on IMSLP with links to the source
files back on Mutopia (where the source files can be checked for
malicious code - we don't want people downloading and executing a .ly
file only to realize that someone thought it was funny to put rm *.*
inside it, it would be *such* bad publicity. I am not trying to give
ideas to rival music typesetters here...).

Richard