Re: output diff

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: output diff
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2014 09:54:39 -0000

----- Original Message ----- From: "Noeck" <address@hidden>
To: "lilypond-user" <address@hidden>
Sent: Thursday, January 02, 2014 7:23 AM
Subject: output diff

Hi

I remember that I have seen something like a diff of output files for
lilypond as regtests some where. Objects that match are drawn in black
and if not, the old one is printed in red and the new in green.

Is that available as a general tool?
My purpose would be to look at my scores if something changed in the
output when I upgrade to a newer version.

TIA
Joram

Is this what you're remembering?

http://philholmes.net/lilypond/regtestresults/

Those are produced with a Windows program that I wrote in C#. If it's of use, you'd be welcome to a copy.

Alternatively you might like to look at

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.17/Documentation/contributor/pixel_002dbased-regtest-comparison

--
Phil Holmes