Re: Weirdness With Fonts and Font Tree Snippet

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: Weirdness With Fonts and Font Tree Snippet
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2014 19:05:20 +0100

2014/1/2 Joshua Nichols <address@hidden>
When I use the snippet:

#(define fonts

(make-pango-font-tree "Linux Libertine G"

"Nimbus Sans"

"Luxi Mono"

(/ myStaffSize 20)))

On my Mac (which is Snow Leopard) I do not get "Linux Libertine" but some sans serif font (I imagine it is Nimbus Sans).

I promise I have the font installed, and (for some reason) I remember it worked a while ago... but now I have no clue.

It works properly with Windows machines (both of my work machines are windows) and have shown no signs of error. I also tried installing the font from the source, (it was under "Linux Libertine O") and tried it too. I did try the TTF version as well; alas, to no avail.

If you run this command in a terminal (hope it works on mac):
fc-list | grep libertine

does it catch the font?

Recently I had this problem (on linux):