Re: On features planned for 2.20 and Documentations on Contemporary Musi

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: On features planned for 2.20 and Documentations on Contemporary Music
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2014 11:29:26 +0100

"Phil Holmes" <address@hidden> writes:

> From: Joshua Nichols
>
>> So I check the documentation for the dev version, and I notice
>> that there are a few ideas for the next release. Any ideas not
>> mentioned via documentation?
>
> I don't know of any planning that is done for features or bug fixes in
> a release.

If I had to take a guess, we are either talking about
<URL:http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/contributor/specific-gliss-issues>

or
<URL:http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/changes/>

If the former, it is a brainstorming.  If the latter, those are faits
accomplis: they are already implemented, available in the development
version corresponding to the web page, and will persist unless a _very_
good reason to revert them is encountered.

> We have a list of bugs that interested contributors can work on, and
> this includes enhancement requests.  If you have a specific
> enhancement request, it can be added to the tracker by a developer or
> member of the bug squad.  If you wanted, for instance, to add some
> infiormation to the contemporary notation section of the
> documentation, we would really welcome contributions in any form.  It
> has been promised in the past, but nothing ever came of the promises.

+1

--
David Kastrup