Re: (no subject)

From: Eluze
Subject: Re: (no subject)
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 06:07:59 -0800 (PST)

Jens Gyldenkærne Clausen wrote
> Hi. In a large choral score I'd like to write a ritardando that appears
> only in the top of the entire system (together with \tempo markings) -
> without having to define the ritardando in the topmost staff. The voices
> in
> the top staffgroup have no music (just a long series of rests) where the
> ritardando is to be placed.
>
> Is it possible to define a spanner in one voice and then move the text to
> be positioned above the top staff?
> In the example below I'd like to have "rit _ _ _ _ _ _al  Lento" in the
> top
> of the system.

you can define the spanner in its own (dynamic) context and move it wherever
you want:

myDynamics={
  \override TextSpanner #'(bound-details left text) = "rit."
  \override TextSpanner #'(bound-details right text) = "al"
  \override TextSpanner #'(bound-details right attach-dir) = #LEFT
  s2. s4
  \startTextSpan
  s2. s4
  \stopTextSpan