Re: Shape of individual ties in chords

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Shape of individual ties in chords
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2014 11:10:17 +0100

Richard Shann <address@hidden> writes:

> Reading over the documentation on changing the tie shape for ties in
> chords I gather that it is not possible to do this at all:
>
> http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/notation/modifying-shapes#modifying-ties-and-slurs

> It is not possible to modify shapes of ties or slurs by changing the
> control-points property if there are multiple ties or slurs at the
> same musical moment – the \tweak command will also not work in this
> case.  However, the tie-configuration property of TieColumn can be
> overridden to set start line and direction as required.
>
> I think the documents should be more up front about that. Saying it is
> not possible to do it one way, or another way, and then going on to
> describe something else that *is* possible is a bit of weasel-wording.
> Unless, that is, there is actually some LilyPond syntax to do this.

Redirected to developer list.

This is one case where I think it would make more sense to relinquish
the restrictions rather than document them.  It seems like this would
require transferring properties and/or tweaks from tie events to the
tie-configuration of TieColumn.  There probably is already some issue in
the bug tracker for this.

Backend guys, any ideas?

--
David Kastrup