Re: Label placed at end of \book not recognised in \paper

From: Eluze
Subject: Re: Label placed at end of \book not recognised in \paper
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2014 14:48:06 -0800 (PST)

Tom van der Hoeven wrote
> below you will find an example. It is made such that on the first page
> there is no room left.
> As you can see I use the last page in order to get the number of pages
> of a book.
> I found this solution on the internet,

please tell where

> it works but it is not straight
> forward.
> I should like to do something like : print number-of-book-pages
> In the Internal Reference book I found the variable ly:paper-book-pages
> But I have no idea how to use this function in the \paper context.

I think the problem is with compressing all the systems which don't fit in
one page - the development version 2.19.1 gives a programming error and
warning when this happens.

in your example you forced the score to not break the page by setting
#'page-break-permission = ##f and therefore the empty markup goes to a new
page - the first occasion for LP to make a legal page break.

if you let LP do its own layout it should work correctly.

Eluze